The following is a warranty policy which applies to all generating sets furnished by Gentec Energy Plc (herein after referred to as "the company") or its distributors and/or agents.
|Continuous Power||12 months from date in service (unlimited hours) or 18 months from dispatch, whichever is sooner|
|Standby Power||24 months with 500 hours per year limitation. If the genset crosses 500 hours in the first year, the warranty defaults to continuous power cover. If genset crosses 1000 hours in the second year, then warranty expires at 1000 hours.|
The Company's responsibilities
If a defect in material or workmanship arises during the warranty period the company will:
- Replace or at the company's discretion repair the defective parts.
- Provide for reasonable and customary labour costs incurred while affecting repairs to engine defects in accordance with the policies and repair times laid down by the engine manufacturer.
- Provide for the cost of service supplies such as coolant oil and filters which are made unserviceable by the defect.
The Users' responsibilities
The user is responsible for:
- Installing and operating the generating set in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.
- Returning the warranty registration form within 10 days from the date of start up or one month from the date of sale, whichever is earlier.
- Ensuring initial start up is performed by an authorised representative of the company or its distributors or agents. In exceptional circumstances, said start up will be waived but only if a Pre-Delivery Inspection has been completed. In such circumstances, warranty will be adjudged to have commenced one month and terminated thirteen months after the date of shipment by the company.
- Accepting the company's sole judgment as to whether the faulty part is defective in material or workmanship.
- Labour costs, except as stated under "The Company's Responsibilities", including costs incurred in removing and replacing the engine. However, consideration will be given in certain circumstances.
- The costs and risks for transportation/shipping and other charges associated with the replacement of the repair parts.
- Any costs in excess of the purchase price of the product.
- Other miscellaneous costs including but not limited to travel, mileage, lodging, taxes, telephone calls, overtime etc., except as stated under "The company's Responsibilities". Completing payment for the purchase of equipment, parts or services relating to the equipment under warranty.
This warranty does not cover:
- Defects due to the users improper installation, maintenance or use.
- Alterations or repairs not authorised by the company in writing.
- Any operation in excess of the company's rating or outside the stated site conditions.
- Normal wear and tear.
This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All warranties which exceed the aforementioned obligations are hereby disclaimed by the company and excluded from this warranty. The company shall, under no circumstances, be held liable for any special direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages. All claims made under this warranty should be made by contacting your local distributor or agent or the company who will outline the administration and scope.